WHY I LOVE AUSTRALIA? BECAUSE:
Of great singer! Jack Vidgen :)
Of it's the only country that also a continent
Of kind and approachable people
Of two comedians Paul Hogan and Rose Byrne
Of nice weather
Of I really love Jack Vidgen. I really do
Of Big Rock- Uluru
Of Australia's Deserts
Of Australian Islands
1. The people, 2. The space, 3. Our beaches, 4. Fauna, 5. Care free attitude, 6. Life style, 7. Mate ship , 8. The weather, 9. Flora, 10. It's my home and love it!
I LOVE AUSTRALIA (ILA) because of;
One singer! Jack Vidgen
Two comedians Paul Hogan and offsider Stropp
Three Aussie icons Qantas, Tourism Australian and Aust. Council of Arts!
Four natural landscapes.. Desert Mountains, Bush and Seas...
Five major cricket grounds... Your choice!
Six ty thousand years of human contact with the land!
Seven major cities Adelaide Brisbane Canberra Darwin Hobart Melbourne Perth plus one hehe Sydney!
Eight states and territories
Nine major rivers I have been to Snowy, Fitzroy, Darling, Murray, Swan Derwent Yarra Brisbane Katherine
Ten years of GDAYUSA! I Love You!
Australia's the country I loveOne of my fave thing is the grubOur bakeries are full of treats for all me matesWith fresh bread, apple turnovers and something with sticky dates?My favorite thing of all is a chunky steak pieOr the caramel slice which makes me sigh…
The land is beautiful, vast & wideIt can take you days to get to the other sideSome of the most amazing spacesAre in extremely remote placesTo name a few I’ve been to would take all dayRest assured they’re set to take your breath away!
Now Aussies, we don’t mind us a beerDepending where you are it’s name could seem queerYou’ve got a middie or a potOr a schooner, which sure is a lot Almost more enjoyable than a pot with a local farmerIs enjoying that pot with a big chicken parma!
Being in the US has proven fun to dateThe years I’ve been from home now is eightI’ll never grown tired of ‘where’s your accent from’It still cracks me up when they think I’m a Pom!‘I love Australia’ they’d say'And I plan to go there someday…’
The best thing to the US we’ve broughtIs Australia’s one and only native sportFooty is a big part of my life nowThough I didn’t grow up with it and wonder howFooty’s what I now live and breatheAnd from it Aussie culture really does seethe
Living this far from home can be toughYou miss a lot of big events and that can be roughLike the birth of your niecesAnd other important piecesBut most of all your family & friends are what you miss But you know when you head back soon, you’ll all get on the p***
#1 Beautiful destination for incentive events
#2 Hugh Jackman...hello!
#3 amazing restaurants and chefs
#4 Alex o'laughlin - Whether in Australia or Hawaii, what a hottie!
#5 Amazing people! With friendly hospitality
#6 Simon Baker - proof Aussies and glasses are sexy
#7 Sydney Harbor...one of my favorite views in the entire world!
#8 Keith Urban...even Aussies have gone country!
#9 The Rocks Market - one of my Sydney shopping guilty pleasures
#10 guilty pleasure from my childhood....Olivia Newton John...Hopelessly Devoted!
10 things I love most about Australia:
10. The Aussie Meat Pie - This one scraped in at number 10 as I did not realize until recently how much I missed them. I had a colleague telling me that the first thing he was going to do when he landed back in Australia was "eat a meat pie". That was the moment that I realized my passion for the humble Aussie meat pie.
9. The Outback – Always one of the first things people from other countries ask me about. My best mate and I decided to drive across the outback as part of our ‘right of passage’ and I was amazed at how much wildlife actually lives in the outback. Don’t hold your breath for a radio station though.
8. Australian Wildlife – Weird and wonderful Flora and Fauna make Australia unique.
7. Making fun of ourselves – Our unique sense of humour and the ability to take the mickey out of each other is an interaction I miss during my time abroad.
6. Aussie Ingenuity – They say that ‘Necessity is the mother of invention’. Well living on such a remote continent, necessitated some ingenious inventions such as The Hills Hoist, The Ute, The Fridge, The Bionic Ear, The Orbital Engine and my favourite….the winged keel. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!
5. Australian Rules Football – Quite possibly the best code of ‘football’ that exists. What other code allows you to play regardless of your size? If you are small, you become a midfielder, if you’re a big unit, you are a key position player or ruckman.
4. Diversity - It is a melting pot of cultures that combine to provide a unique and diverse mix of people from all over the world.
3. Aussie Spirit – Throughout my life I have both heard stories and witnessed the true Aussie spirit. From the diggers in the trenches of Gallipoli to the countless volunteers from recent disasters (Brisbane Floods and Black Saturday) Australians have an unwritten code of mateship and camaraderie that is difficult explain. If you are Australian, you will know what I mean.
2. The Great Barrier Reef - As a child, I never quite understood what 'breathtaking' actually meant until I went on a school camp to Lady Musgrave Island and I was snorkelling and started to follow a turtle through the reef . The reef opened up to reveal a coral cay with millions of tropical fish and colourful coral. The sight was so awesome…I actually stopped breathing momentarily to take it all in. Truly breathtaking!
1. The people - Australia is a fantastic place to live and the people are what make it truly awesome.
Australia is the greatest country in the world! I love it because;
1) The beautiful beaches
2) The stunning Daintree Rainforest up north
3) Having a snag on the barbie!
4) Cheering on the AFL at the MCG in Melbourne
5) Having a few drinks with mates on a Friday after work
6) Celebrating Australia day at the local park with fireworks
7) Summer! Thongs, cozi's & the beach!
8) Going on a road trip along the picturesque peninsulas
9) Dining at the restaurants at 'The Rocks' in Sydney
10) Hanging out with family and friends any chance we get
I love Australia & there's no other place I could call home.
Hi there I'm Brent and I'd love to come to the party! My fiancé and I will be holidaying in LA at the time and would be thrilled to attend.
Ten things I love about Australia...
Sporting Capital of the world
Easy going life style
Western Bulldogs FC
Family and friends!
My top ten:
- Bondi Beach
- Sydney Opera House
- VIVID Festival
- New Years Eve on Sydney Harbour
- Byron Bay
- Rocks Market
- sailing on Sydney Harbour
- Blue Mountains
1. The Australian accent - everyone loves to hear it, but are jealous that they don't have it and fail miserably when they try to imitate it.
2. Football, Meat pies and a beer - nothing beats a game of footy with a four and twenty and a schooner!
3. The beaches - no matter what state (NSW, WA or QLD) the beaches are world class and the cafes surrounding them are to die for
4. The race that stops a nation - a horse race turns into a day filled with good food, great wine and a bet - and all this happens at work!
5. The she'll be right mate attitude - nothing beats an attitude that is relaxed and positive, and it exists acroos all age groups.
6. A great Shiraz, Cab Sav, Riesling, Chardonnay.......OUR WINES. From the Hunter to Margaret River - its all world class.
7. NEW YEARS EVE - the fireworks display every NYE in Sydney is the place to be. Sure the ball in times square is nice but the fireworks across the hrabour are AWESOME!
8. Lets not foret the famous Aussie BBQ - steak, burgers, sausages and that famous Paul Hogan "shrimp".
9. Budgie smugglers.... do I need to say anymore
10. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi, Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi, Aussie Oi, Aussie Oi, Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi!
Page 1 of 5