AUSTRALIA ROCKS THE PIER OPENING ACT COMPETITION
Do you want to be the Opening Act of Australia Rocks the Pier 2013?
This year Xavier Rudd will be coming to LA to headline Australia Rocks the Pier, presented by G’Day USA, and we're offering the opening set to a deserving Australian act/band based here in the States. A panel will pick the winner from online entries. To enter, send us a demo, a bio, a band/artists photograph along with a 50-word blurb explaining what it means to you to be part of Australia Rocks the Pier 2013. The best entries will be posted on the Australia Rocks the Pier Facebook page and/or the G’Day USA Facebook page. All entries and enquiries should be emailed to
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS:
This competition starts 9am PDT on Monday 3 June, 2013, and closes Wednesday 3 July, 2013, at 5pm PDT. Entry is free.
All artists with acceptable entries emailed to
We will be choosing one winner only. The winner will be chosen by an Australia Rocks the Pier Artist Committee consisting of representatives of the Santa Monica Pier, industry experts and event sponsors (“Committee”). The winner will be picked based on the Committee's assessment of their ability to deliver a good live performance suitable for an Australia Rocks the Pier/Twilight Dance Series audience. Individuals or groups may enter.
The winner will be announced before Friday 12 July 2013. The concert is Thursday, 1 August 2013.
The prize consists of the following:
• An opportunity to perform at Australia Rocks the Pier on the Santa Monica Pier - 1 August 2013
The prize is not transferable or redeemable for cash. The winner is responsible for any and all travel and accommodation costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and utilisation of the prize.
No replacement will be offered in the event that the prize cannot be claimed on the stipulated date.
The Committee's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Committee is not obliged to select any of the Entries.
Entrants grant the Committee the right to upload their tracks, photograph and/or blurb in whole or in part to Australia Rocks the Pier and/or G’Day USA/Australia Week’s social media pages.
Entrants agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
Submission of an Entry in the Competition indicates acceptance by the Entrant of these Terms and Conditions.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Entry to the Contest is free, is open to Australian citizens and residents only, and is automatic upon emailing an Acceptable Entry.
2. An Acceptable Entry will include a high quality video or audio mp3 recording of one of your tracks along with a bio, a band/artist photograph, and a 50-word blurb explaining what it means to you to play as part of Australia Rocks the Pier 2013.
3. The Committee accepts no responsibility for Entries which are lost, delayed or fail to be delivered to the Committee by the closing date.
4. Entries may not contain any copyrighted elements other than elements owned by the Entrant. Use of any elements that are not original or in the public domain will result in disqualification of an Entry at the Committee’s sole discretion.
5. By submitting an Entry, you represent and warrant that (a) you are the creator of the Entry and (b) the Entry does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
6. The winner or winners of the Competition will be determined by an Australia Rocks the Pier Artist Committee consisting of representatives of the Santa Monica Pier, industry experts and event sponsors. The decisions of the Committee are final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Committee is not obliged to select any of the Entries.
7. The Committee will attempt to notify the winner via email before 12 July 2013. If the winner does not respond to the email within 48 hours, the Committee reserves the right to choose an alternative winner.
8. If anything prevents or hinders Australia Rocks the Pier from going ahead or the Committee's ability to deliver the prize to the winner, then the Committee may, at any time and in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition.
9. By entering the Competition you are allowing your songs to be uploaded to the Australia Rocks the Pier and/or G’Day USA/Australia Week Social Media pages without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party. You warrant and represent that there is nothing which legally limits or restricts the Committee from doing so. By submitting an Entry, you further agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Committee or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringe any of your rights, including, without limitation, copyrights or moral rights. You further acknowledge that the Committee is in no way obligated to publish or use your Entry in any way.
10. You agree to indemnify the Committee against any loss, liability or expense arising out of or in connection with a claim by a third party that your Entry, or the Committee’s use of your Entry, infringes their intellectual property rights.
11. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between you and the Committee. In no way are you to be construed as the agent or to be acting as the agent of the Committee.
12. If you are under 18, make sure you have the consent of your parent or guardian to enter the Competition.
13. To the full extent permitted by the law neither the Committee nor any associated agency accepts any liability for any injury, damages, expenses or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property arising from or in connection with this Competition.